Niaouli Honey Madeleines
- 125g butter
- 130g powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon of Niaouli honey
- 1/2 packet of baking powder
- 1 lemon
- 3 eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (thermostat 7).
- Whisk the egges, suggar, and Niaouli honey by hand until the mixture whitens.
- Add flour, salt, baking powder, melted butter, and lemon zest. Mix well.
- Butter the molds and fill them halfway with the mixture.
- Once the dough is cooked, add the mixture and bake until it turns golden.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes until the madeleines are golden brown.
It's ready, you can enjoy !
Silver medal winner at the 2021 Epicures competition
Highly fragrant, its sensory power is destabilizing and its taste is difficult to determine. NOtes of licorice, coffee, or even vegetables can be detected! This is the honey of epicureans and chefs.
It is harvested in February-March in the Manakara region of southeastern Madagascar.