Raspberry and lychee honey tart
- 250g of spelt flour T110
- 80g of whole cane sugar
- 100g of butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 pinch of salt
- 50cL of milk
- 2 eggs
- 100g of Lychee honey
- 40g of spelt flour (T110)
- 100g of frozen raspberries
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, and salt.
- Add the butter, cut into small pieces, and rub the mixture between your hands until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs
- Add the egg and water, and knead until the dough forms a homogeneous ball. Set aside.
- Prepare the filling by heating the milk in a saucepan. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, spelt flour, and lychee honey. When the milk is hot, pour it slowly into the egg mixture while stirring continuously. Return the mixture to the saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens. Let it coo
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Divide the dough into two balls: one 1/3 and one 2/3. Flour a work surface and roll out the larger ball of dough. Butter a tart pan and line it with the dough. Pour in the pastry cream, spread it evenly, and sprinkle with raspberries. Roll out the remaining dough and cover the tart. Seal the edges with a fork. Bake for 30 minutes
- Let cool on a wire rack before refrigerating for at least 2 hours.
It's ready, enjoy !
Gold medalist at the 2020 Epicures competition
Honey Its fragrant floral notes evoke the taste of litchi fruit as well as the sweetness of rose. With a long finish, it can be used in cooking as well as on toast. It is the best-selling product in the range.
It is harvested in October in the Manakara region in southeastern Madagascar.