Lemon and Eucalyptus honey cake
- 200g flour
- 40g almond powder
- 70g butter
- 3 eggs
- 70g sugar
- 50g Eucalyptus Honey
- 1 sachet of baking powder
- 25g Lemon juice
- 50g Eucalyptus honey
- 75cl water
- Preheat the oven to 210°C (410°F)
- In a bowl, mix the warm melted buttern Eucalyptus Honey, sugar, and lemon zest.
- Add eggs one by one, mixing well between each addition.
- Pour in the flour, baking powder, and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Bake for 35 minutes, checking the doneness (extend by a few minutes if necessary).
- Make the syrup : bring the lemon juice and water to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add the Eucaluptus honey
- When the cake is baked, remove it from the mold and pour the syrup over it (the cake should absorb all the syrup).
Eucalyptus honey reveals its original flavors when it melts in the mouth, brusting with notes of salted butter caramel. It is excellent one ice cream or for breakfastr.
It is harvested from june to september in the capital region of Antananarivo